Thursday, July 13, 2006

Pancakes!

I made pancakes last weekend, and they were good.

1/2 c + 1/8 c all purpose flour (unbleached)
1/2 c + 1/8 c white whole wheat flour
1 T sugar
1/4 t cardamom
1/4 t salt
4 t baking powder
2 eggs
1 c milk
1 t vanilla
4 t butter melted and cooled slightly

Bowl 1 - mix dry
Bowl 2 - mix eggs, milk, van and mix to smooth batter
Add butter and stir until thick and smooth.

I added cherries (pitted, chopped in 1/4s) to the cooking pancakes, and served with tons of the cherries on top, along with the rosemary-ginger syrup from one of the cakes mentioned below. I enjoyed it, C would've preferred regular syrup. The recipe called for powdered ginger (1/8 t) but I couldn't find mine. The basic recipe is from tigersandstrawberries.com, modified to fit my cherry demands.

Yields about 12 4-6" pancakes. Finally a recipe that makes enough for 2 people, not 4.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home